August Femastrology 2021
by Astrologer and Psychic, Victoria Bearden
A Message from My Heart to Yours
Please consider getting vaccinated against Covid-19 if you are able to. I am willing to put my credibility and reputation on the line to say this. The vaccine is safe. At least as safe, if not safer, than many other medications and procedures all of you have experienced, or will, at some point in your life. Think about it this way. If you found out you had contracted the flesh-eating bacteria, would you refuse antibiotics and just wing it? And what about smallpox? Aren’t you glad that’s gone? It used to kill 1 in 3 people and left survivors deeply scarred and often blind. If you have questions about the vaccine, ask a doctor. A real MD. They’ll clear it up for you. If you have been following me, you know I have no agenda, except to promote goodness. I’m not under any mind control. I don’t drink anyone’s Kool-Aid, and I am an extremely rational person.
My mission here on Earth is to help. That’s it, and that’s what I’m trying to do. And right now, we have the power to turn things around in a profound and meaningful way, in our own lives, and in the world. And we really need to. Let’s co-create the kind of future we want to live in. Let’s care for ourselves, and our planet, in a new and improved way. We can do it. Thanks for listening, and know that whatever you choose, I will not love you less. And I hope you will not love me less for speaking out.
Positive Thinking in the Age of Aquarius
I’ll start by sharing a quote from one of my favorite authors, Alice Walker. A true emissary of light, she’s an Aquarian born under a Full Moon in Leo.
“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” –Alice Walker
Another way we give away our power on a daily basis is through negative thinking. We are surrounded and bombarded by information every moment. And as I’m sure you know, a lot of it isn’t positive. It’s so easy to slip into fears and doubt. In fact, some people want you to. They’d like to keep you from being powerful. If you are not strong, then you’ll be easier to persuade. If you are fearful, angry, and depressed, you’ll be easier to manipulate. Then you’ll buy whatever they are selling, literally, or ideologically. We all know this, but this energy is pervasive and insidious, and it’s on the rise.
But there is also another force that is rising. The force of truth and light. Many people are becoming much more aware and awake, as spiritual inspiration continues to pour into our collective consciousness from Divine Sources. I have spoken to many, many people who have shared such experiences with me recently, which is extremely encouraging. There are new portals to higher understanding opening now and people are hearing the call. It can be a little overwhelming at times, so don’t be surprised if you feel a little strange these days. A lot of us do. Just stay open, and stay grounded.
Positive thinking isn’t easy. If it was, everyone would do it. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Truth be told, it’s a lot easier to think good thoughts during relatively stress-free periods. But when things get dicey, we often snap into survival mode, which is reactive and fear-based by nature. The funny thing about fear is, it’s a double-edged sword. Sometimes, it’s a huge motivator, which is actually good. We literally get scared enough to straighten out and correct our behavior. Other times, it causes us to freeze in place, retreat into negativity, or worse yet, to give up. Sometimes, people just want to drift into the world of fantasy and escape into whatever looks like the most appealing option. But at the end of the day, we are left with the contents of our own psyche. And truly, we don’t usually see things as they are, we see them as we are. And we ourselves are ultimately responsible for who and what we are. Choose wisely.
Saturn in Aquarius, Freedom and Responsibility
Sometimes when people think of Aquarius, they think of being unconventional. They think about freedom, autonomy, flower children, hippies, and protestors. Aquarius is all of those things, but has a side that is a lot more conservative. The ancient ruler of Aquarius is Saturn, the same as Capricorn. And the Sign of the Water Bearer is just as much related to social responsibility as it is to revolution and change.
Saturn, the planet of challenge, authority, and responsibility, is presently in the revolutionary sign of Aquarius, and will be through the beginning of 2023. Saturn in Aquarius is in its essential dignity, which means it likes being there and tends to function well. This combination is both humanistic, and socialist, so activism related to equality will continue to be a main theme. Another hallmark of this astrological pairing is that of social responsibility and upholding the collective good, which we are obviously struggling with at the moment.
Here are some of my suggestions for doing your best during Saturn’s Journey through Aquarius:
1. Join the “Resistance” by resisting negativity and rigidity. Open your mind. Use the Air Sign logic of scientific Aquarius and the powerful focus of Saturn to align with practical, intelligent choices. Don’t allow confirmation bias to color your ideas and behavior. Question your core beliefs. Ask yourself why you think the things you think. And be willing to learn new things.
2. Challenge the status quo. Right now, the status quo is pretty stagnant. People are digging in their heels and almost seem to relish taking sides and being against their fellow humans. Why not shake it up? Make a serious effort to find common ground and work with others.
3. Be proactive, not complacent. Once your own needs are met, and overt threats seem to be at bay, it’s human nature to let down your guard. It’s also easy to simply look at what’s going on and say, “Not my circus, not my monkeys.” But it is your circus, and we are the monkeys! What’s happening at this time is affecting everyone. If you are one of the lucky ones who has your nut covered for the moment, stretch yourself a little and help the rest of us!
4. Learn about compassion. Altruism and compassion are only meaningful when they are put into practice. Find ways to do so. There are a million ways to pay it forward at any given moment. And love yourself. If you are not compassionate to yourself, you will not have as much to offer anyone else. Honoring your self-worth is very different from selfishness.
5. Love without borders. Be a true Aquarian Spiritual Warrior and dare to love those who are different from you. Resist the tendency to care only for your specific group or species. Reach out past ethnocentric, homocentric thoughts and actions.
6. Embrace the future and honor the past. We don’t have to expel and reject the wisdom of the ancients in order to evolve. In fact, we can’t really evolve that way. If we don’t learn from and honor the past, we will most assuredly lose our way and repeat previous mistakes. Seek to learn and understand the past, deeply, and thoroughly. And be open to the promise of the new with a sage and flexible mind.
7. Choose the power of positivity. Remind yourself to go towards goodness every day. Don’t worry about your bad moments and bad days. Just be conscious that you are in charge of your thoughts, and you can adjust your attitude in the blink of an eye. And if you fall down, just get up again and continue toward the light. All of us have the capability to recognize that which is real, that which is true, and that which is good. Relativism is not serving us well these days. We need to be able to tell the difference between “our own subjective truth” and objective facts.
8. Resist falling into the “Belief Superiority” trap. Studies have shown that people who tend to believe their ideas are more righteous and superior and that others are bad and wrong tend to be the least informed on the topics they opine about. They also tend to be less likely to seek out new information that challenges their beliefs. It’s never too late to become more open-minded and curious about why others believe differently. Your life might depend on it.
Outer Planets in Reverse
Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are all retrograde right now, which is typical for this time of year. But don’t worry, this doesn’t mean nothing is moving forward. It does mean that some things that were started earlier in the year are up for review, however. This becomes all-the-more literal as issues related to Covid-19, vaccines, and masks are revisited and evaluated.
There’s a New Moon at 16° Leo, August 8, 2021 at 6:49 AM, PDT. New Moons are sometimes rather sedate, but this one is vibrating at a higher and more tense frequency. The Sun and Moon in Leo are quite close to the messenger planet, Mercury. This means we’re in for a cosmic wake-up call, and important information will likely surface around this time. Sometimes, when the Sun and Mercury are “combust,” which is what this is called, our interactions can actually become incendiary and combustible! So, choose your battles. The tension arises from the T-Square the Sun, Moon, and Mercury create with Saturn in Aquarius and Uranus in Taurus. This represents a clash between the needs of the individual (Leo), the needs of the group (Aquarius), and the need to change the way we look at reality (Uranus in Taurus.) Sounds about right. Nevertheless, New Moons always represent a new beginning, both individually and collectively. Magic and affirmations related to creativity and love will hit the mark.
The Sun Enters Earth Sign Virgo on August 22, 2021. Time to get back to school, back to work, and down to business. Virgo thrives on problem solving and productivity. Redo your resume and get hopping with those DIY projects you’ve be wanted to tackle. Virgo the Vestal Virgen is also related to healing, both spiritual and physical. Honor the temple of your body by upgrading your nutrition and getting into a regular exercise routine.
There’s a Full Moon at 29°Aquarius on August 22, 2021 at 5:01 AM, PDT. This Full Moon is a real WOW. The Sun is at the final, or critical degree of Leo, in exact alignment with the powerful Royal Star Regulus, in opposition to the Full Moon at the last degree of Aquarius. FYI: When Regulus is involved, the potential for good is amazing, as is the potential for powerful people to try to do really bad things. The Full Moon is also conjunct Jupiter, which suggests that even if there is some drama, positive energy will prevail. All of this is lined up with America’s Aquarian Moon, which symbolizes her people. On top of that, this Full Moon re-activates the energy from the Great American Total Eclipse of August 2017, (Charlottesville rally happened near this eclipse,) which marked a remarkably fateful time for the US and for the rest of the world. So, buckle up. Lots of things are about to shake loose. This is not a bad thing, but it mostly definitely is a karmic thing. Astrological influences match up with Trump’s chart, so there might be some fireworks around this time. Whether looking at the world stage, or your own life, this potent Full Moon will serve as a catalyst, a flashpoint, and potentially, a turning point. Push will come to shove in some important matters, and people in authority may draw a line in the sand about highly charged issues. Make a conscious choice to use this energy for the best and highest good. Magic and affirmations related to transformation will work well on this moon.
Opportunity Days: August 4, 11, 13, 15, 17, 21, 22, 26, 29, and 31
To read more FEMASTROLOGY By Victoria Bearden and get your monthly horoscope, click here to order this month’s copy.
Want to read more from Victoria or get a personal reading? Check out her website here.