January Femastrology 2022
by Astrologer and Psychic, Victoria Bearden
2022 Arrives, with some baggage
I am usually never at a loss for words in my newsletter, but I really had to pause and take a good look at what I wanted to say this time. I always pride myself on keeping it real and also keeping it positive. As you can imagine, I’ve had my work cut out for me these last 2 years! What a wild ride we’ve been on. So let me be clear. 2022 is NOT just a repeat of the last 2 years. The problem is that January is going to be complicated and challenging! The first month of the year is definitely a carryover from some of the difficult patterns of 2021. We are in a giant review session. And we’re going to get a clear picture of why certain things simply didn’t work, which will help correct all the many things that have run amuck. So know that better things are one the way. We just need to get through this first part. And we will.
Jupiter in Pisces
Here is the first overtly positive item on the January menu. Jupiter has entered Water Sign Pisces, bringing in a much-needed ray of light into the darkness. This is a very favorable influence and will spark the kind of positivity and inspiration that we need. On a spiritual level, this will open the door to much greater compassion and understanding, as well as enormous creativity. Think about it. People actually might start to realize they need to be nicer! Neptune-ruled Pisces is also directly related to healing, medicine, and drugs, so we should see some real breakthroughs regarding our understanding the virus and how to handle it. Powerful spiritual messages and teachings will come through over the months to come, which will help to guide us towards the right path. You’ll see why we need this so badly when you read about Venus Retrograde!
Saturn and Uranus Move Apart
When Saturn and Uranus clash, it can be very uncomfortable, as our old way of doing things is challenged by sudden, disruptive, and often unexpected events. These two planets have been locked in a difficult square throughout 2021. This was the ultimate “one step forward, two steps back” formula. Progress was seemingly made, then had a way of tumbling backwards. During January 2022, they finally start moving apart! I hate to say this, but we need to give it at least a month or two. Then, things that we start will really go somewhere! So, we all need to be patient as the gears start turning. This will be more and more noticeable as time goes on.
OK, let’s get this part out of the way. This is not going to be fun. Venus represents love, pleasure, comfort, and prosperity, so when things get thrown off balance, it has a profound effect on the way we experience the world. Venus goes retrograde every 18 months, but this is a very tough one, as we’ve been through so much stress already. This started in December 2021 and will continue right until the end of January. Needless to say, a lot of effort will be required to keep it together, both emotionally, and financially. The timing of this cycle seems to correspond directly to the current difficulties related to the Omicron variant. This would tend to support projections that this will peak at the end of the month and then start to wind down.
Since Venus is in serious Capricorn, people will be in a somber mood. All of us will need to make a conscious effort not to allow negativity to get the upper hand. Long story short, if you have really hit a wall, or know someone who has, there’s a good reason. And it’s more important than ever to find help and solutions to things that have reached a crisis point. Don’t be afraid to tackle big problems now. Steps you take at this time could have a profound and lasting effect on your life direction and overall wellbeing. If you are suffering, reach out and get the assistance you need. And remind yourself every moment of every day about what you are grateful for. This too shall pass. So, hang in there!
Relationships can be very confusing during this time, so take a deep breath if you feel you’re about to overact to someone. We will all need to be much more tolerant, patient, and understanding. Even a good relationship might get on your nerves, so go the extra mile if you feel someone might deserve the benefit of the doubt. Be generous with others and keep your expectations moderate. People are having a hard time! Be willing to be the one who takes the high road whenever possible.
Conversely, toxic and destructive relationships will become extremely obvious and you might need to take a giant step back from certain people, temporarily, or even permanently. Energy vampires are coming out of the woodwork, ready to take advantage where they can. But they can only do that if you allow it. Word to the wise: if someone from your past has shown up, claiming to have changed, be cautious. In some cases, it might be the real deal. Or it might be a chance to finally unchain your heart so you can be open to something better. Questions like this will have a way of becoming clear by February.
The Capricorn Factor
Earth Sign Capricorn is the dominant theme as the winter quarter unfolds, which means there’s some heavy lifting and lots of work ahead of us. Here’s a checklist of Capricorn “dos and don’ts” that will help in navigating 2022.
1. Persistence. Be determined. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Don’t give up. Things are complicated out there and lots of extra effort is often required, even when doing simple things. So be prepared for that. Stay focused and don’t get stuck if things don’t go your way the first time.
2. Practicality. Keep things straightforward, down-to-earth, and practical. When faced with big decisions, especially about work, school, and money, add a big dose of logic to the equation. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t aim high with your goals. But it does mean that you will be well served by using a common-sense approach.
3. Be Responsible. Don’t let things slide. Take your own life seriously. Make yourself a priority and take steps to solve problems and stay balanced. And don’t beat yourself up if you need help or assistance. If you’ve reached the end of your rope in some regard, reach out and grab a hand. And if you’re doing just fine, remember to lend a hand.
4. Set Reasonable Goals. Make your New Year’s Resolutions a little shorter and perhaps a bit more like a “to-do” list. Keep your short-range goals in clear focus this month so you can get some things accomplished. Don’t be rigid. Keep things flexible so you can alter your plans should obstacles arise.
5. Be budget-conscious, not cheap. This is not a good time to waste your resources, whether it be your time, your energy, or your money. Make a choice to invest in things that have a clear value to you.
6. Stay Positive! Capricorn is known to be serious, melancholy, and depressive. And there’s a lot of that going around right now. Make a conscious choice to be positive. Find ways to get yourself grounded and connected to your body so you can discharge some of the stress that you might be absorbing. And connect to the Earth. Go outside. Breathe. Hold a rock. Touch a plant, and look at the sky.
7. Don’t Catastrophize. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it’s not a train. Don’t buy in to the negative scenarios people are promoting. Sure, there are lots of problems to deal with. We all know that. So, let’s work on solving them. Let’s put our energy towards building something worth having, not caving in to what we fear.
8. Don’t go it alone. Although Capricorn is famous for doing things themselves and not asking for help, this is not the time for that. We all need to be team players in 2022. Do everything in your power to connect to people, and create with them. Put your own goals into alignment with the goals of others whenever possible.
There’s a New Moon at 12° Capricorn January 2, 2022 at 10:34 am PST. This another item in the “plus” column this month, as the New Moon will help reset energy for a new beginning. It’s like having a second New Year’s Day to work with. The Sun and Moon in Capricorn make a positive trine to Uranus in Taurus, opening the door to innovations that will help solve ongoing problems. This is the perfect day to set your intentions not just for the month, but for the rest of the year.
Mercury goes Retrograde, on January 14, 2022 at 3:41 AM PST at 10° Aquarius. This is not going to make January any easier, but may ultimately help shed even more light on past mistakes and how to correct them. Mercury retro isn’t always tough for everyone, but does tend to over-complicate life sometimes. Be mindful of all things technical and mechanical. Check and double check your schedule and travel itinerary. Troubleshoot suspicious matters regarding cars and plumbing. And really watch your communication, both verbally and in writing! This time it’s Aquarius, so you know there will likely be issues with computers and phones. Slow things down a little when possible, and be patient with others. If you have to make a big decision or purchase, give yourself some wiggle room in case you need to reverse your decision later. And do your due diligence. And then some! You may have a chance to “re-do” something that didn’t work the first time, or get an extension on a deadline, so that’s a possible perk. And people from the past often show up, which can be positive or at least educational.
The Mercury Retrograde Playlist:
1. Mercury Retrograde Shadow #1 starts around December 29, 2021: This is when things start slipping sideways. We’re already in it, so just be methodical so you can check a few more things off your to do list.
2. Mercury Retrograde Storm # 1 starts on January 11-17, 2022: This is when you know 100% for sure that things are getting a little weird. Stay calm, and carry on. Mercury will turn retrograde right in the middle of this. If something big is going to come up, it’ll most likely be during this period.
3. Mercury turns Retrograde on January 14, 2022. This is the day when it happens. Keep your wits about you. It can be stressful and confusing.
4. Mercury Retrograde Storm # 2 from February 1-6. This is the second “spin zone,” with Mercury turning direct right in the middle of it. This can be chaotic but things often begin to change for the better.
5. Mercury turns Direct on February 3, 2022, at 10:30 PM PDT: Things start to turn around. Give it a few days. Yay February! Things will take a little time to straighten out, so be patient.
6. Mercury Retrograde Shadow # 2 from February 6-24: This is just the “hangover” phase, and usually isn’t a really big deal. This is when we can start to make sense of what happened during the previous weeks, and make effort to fix things that got messed up.
There’s a Full Moon at 27° Cancer on January 17, 2022, at 3:48 PM PST. The Full Moon always brings things to a head so energy can then be released and transformed. This one is extremely potent, as both the Sun and Pluto oppose the Full Moon in Cancer. And Pluto doesn’t mess around. A tipping point will be reached. The Capricorn/Cancer polarity is directly related to the relationship between the government (Capricorn), and the needs of the people (Cancer.) Expect some truly ground-breaking and consequential events to arise around the time, and I don’t mean that in a bad way. But there will be drama! Keep in mind that people will be highly emotional under this influence, and give them some extra space to do. There will undoubtedly be some big revelations that uncover important truths. Use this energy to blast negativity out of your life. Uranus, the planet of change and revolution, goes direct the very next day, which will help build the momentum for better times ahead.
The Sun Enters Aquarius on January 19, 2022. This will spark new thought and be a welcome change of pace from some of the heaviness of all the Capricorn!
Opportunity Days: January 2, 6, 7, 11, and 26
To read more FEMASTROLOGY By Victoria Bearden and get your monthly horoscope, click here to order this month’s copy.
Want to read more from Victoria or get a personal reading? Check out her website here.